Tyres for driving at high speeds. Including special substances in the chemical composition of tyres Continental SportContact-3 and longer tread pattern, marked with a special light technology attaches great movement grip and good figure into the turns, even with a high-speed traffic.
Continental SSR Tyres
SSR stands for SelfSupportingRunflat Tyre
The SSR principle:
Unlike conventional tyres, the SSR principle is based on a reinforced self-supporting sidewall. This prevents the inside of the tyre from getting pinched between the road and the rim and from slipping into the rim well in the event of a loss of inflation. The SSR's reinforced sidewall enables the car to continue on its way at a maximum speed of 80 km/h (50 mph) for up to 80 km (50 miles), depending on road conditions and vehicle weight.
SSR runflat tyres offer crucial advantages
- With SSR tyres you remain mobile in the event of a flat tyre. You can reach your destination or tyre service facility without the bother of having to replace a flat tyre with the spare tyre
- Compatible with standard rims
- Simple mounting
- Saves room and weight, and thus fuel, giving you as much as 3 cubic feet more cargo area.
- Excellent safety when driving at speed.
- Shorter stopping distances on dry and wet roads.
- Excellent protection against aquaplaning.
- Self-Supporting Runflat (SSR) technology enables onward travel so there's no need to carry a spare tyre.
- Trusted by leading car manufacturers; Audi A4/A8, BMW Series 3/5/7, Mercedes-Benz AMG E-class Coupé, Porsche 911/Boxster and VW Passat CC come equipped with ContiSportContact 3 from the factory.
- Engineered in Germany, Continental develops award-winning premium tyres with optimum braking performance and safety.