Interim Car Service – Silver
Book a Silver Service
(also known as an interim car service) with Protyre and get a professional level of expertise and care from our trustworthy, Institute of Motor Industry
We have over 160 locations across the UK so, if you’re searching for an interim car service near you, we can help. To ensure that your car runs its best, we only use high-quality, Original Equipment (OE) or equivalent-quality parts and guarantee our work for six-to-12 months or 12,000 miles.
Our interim car service mechanics use a combination of information from the industry-standard Autodata platform as well as your vehicle’s service history so that they can recommend the most suitable service plan for your vehicle.
Book your appointment below or get in touch via phone or email to find out more. Prices start from just £109!
Book Your Service Now
What’s included in a Silver Service?
Perfect for everyday, problem-free driving, our Silver interim car service consists of a 48-point inspection including everything that our Bronze service package features, plus more!
So, what is an interim service on a car? Our Silver interim car service checklist includes:
- Engine inspection: Oil leak, oil and filter, fan and alternator, auxiliary belts, antifreeze and timing belt schedule
- Electrical components: Interior and exterior lights, warning lights, battery charge and terminals, HT leads and distributor cap, horn
- Drive system and fluids: Driveshaft, joints, gaiters and boots plus clutch and axle oil.
- Steering and suspension: Power steering system and fluid, steering components, steering rack gaiters, wheel bearings, shock absorbers, suspension
- Windscreens and mirrors: Washers and wipers, windscreen washing fluid, windscreen damage and security, interior and exterior mirrors, number plates
- Exhaust system: Exhaust system and catalysts
- Braking: Brake pads, callipers, shoes, wheel cylinders, brake discs and drums, brake fluid boiling point, brake hydraulic system, handbrake, ABD warning light, brake fluid level
- Tyres: Tread depth, pressures, condition, wear, age, spare tyres, TPMS valves, TPMS warning lights and sensors
- Miscellaneous: Reset vehicle service light, lubricate door hinges, seatbelts, road test and logbook stamp.
Always make sure to refer to your vehicle handbook when deciding what car service package to choose – or give your local Protyre garage a call.
Protyre Servicing Packages
For a complete checklist of every check and service featured in our Silver interim car service and to see the difference between interim and full (Gold) and basic (Bronze) packages, follow the link below.
How much does a Silver interim car service cost?
At Protyre, Silver-level interim car services cost from £109.
The final cost of your service may be more than this, due to the cost of replacing and fixing components. However, this will depend on the results of the service and whether any aspects of the vehicle need further attention.
What’s the difference between an interim Silver service and basic and full services?
There are a few differences to bear in mind when choosing an interim service package over a basic or full car service:
- Differences from a basic Bronze car service: A silver interim car service features more inspections across the entire appointment, including the fan and alternator, belts, lighting, HT leads, driveshaft, clutch, wheel bearings, shock absorbers, suspension, brake callipers, brake shows, wheel cylinders, brake discs or drums, brake hydraulics and handbrake. TPMS valves are also checked, alongside the doors, bonnet, locks and seatbelts.
- Differences from a full Gold car service: Silver interim car services won’t look at a few things focused on in Gold-level full services, such as the radiator, coolant hoses, expansion bottle, air filter, spark plugs, diesel plug indicator, clutch, transmission fluid, fuel cap, fuel lines, fuel filter or pollen filter.
How long does an interim car service take?
Interim car services typically take between an hour-and-a-half to two hours to complete.
That said, the exact timing will depend on the condition of your car, how many maintenance issues are discovered and whether your tester has important tools to hand like the locking wheel nuts and service history.
Why should you get an interim car service?
Interim car services are a good idea for drivers that are looking for a yearly or bi-yearly car service on a vehicle that isn’t particularly old or has had few issues in the past.
The things that interim car services include are relatively comprehensive, spanning key aspects of the vehicle; however, it doesn’t look at everything.
That means that, if you’re looking for complete peace of mind when you’re out on the road or you’re driving an older car – perhaps a second-hand vehicle you’ve just bought – then a Gold (full) service could be a better option.
Choose a Silver interim car service and MOT combo
We always try to offer our customers the best deals possible, which is just one of the reasons why we offer a great, cost-saving Service and MOT combo. With it, not only will you reduce your motoring maintenance costs but you’ll also save yourself another trip to the garage!
To take advantage of the combo, add a Silver interim car service to your shopping basket and select the MOT combo option in step three of the checkout process.
Book an interim car service with Protyre
Enjoy our competitive online prices and book an interim car service performed by true, trained professionals at the top of their field with Protyre.
We have an Excellent rating on Trustpilot and, with around 160 locations up and down the country, you can get an interim car service near you. Find out what makes us the UK’s leading mechanic – click the link below to book your vehicle in to your local Protyre garage today. Any questions? Call 03330602294 or send us an email.
Book Your Service
** While our prices are competitive, servicing pricing may vary depending on engine size and vehicle type. Luxury cars, certain vehicle marques and engines over 2.5L may be subject to change. **
Where is my nearest Protyre garage?
Not sure where your local Protyre garage is? No problem! Use our garage locator to find out. Simply click the button below and enter your postcode in the search bar.
Find My Protyre