Protyre proud to be signing the Armed Forces covenant
The 16th of May sees Protyre and Micheldever Group Ltd sign the Armed forces covenant along with holding their first insight day for service leavers.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise from the nation, be that a local authority, employer, commercial organisation or charity to those who serve or who have served, and their families, which says they will do all they can to ensure they are treated fairly and not disadvantaged in their day-to-day lives. By signing, Protyre join over 3000 organisations in the UK who have made similar commitments.
The covenant made up of five pledges, which are:
1. Seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment transition for Service Leavers;
- by holding introduction days for service leavers in order to get to know the business and roles. By advertising on the CTP Job board and offering Web chats events to answer queries interested service leavers may have regarding the opportunity.
2. Seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces;
- by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
3. Offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible;
- by offering to speak at local schools about the apprenticeship schemes on offer with the Micheldever Tyre Services Group
4. Aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day;
- by attending where possible the Armed Forces Day
5. Offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces Community;
- by supporting the Armed Forces community with the ‘Employee Benefits’ Discount scheme
By signing the Armed forces covenant, Protyre will join a selected group of employers to support both the transition of service leavers into their new career along with ex-forces personnel, family and apprentice scheme for forces cadets.
Protyre has made the decision to officially support the Armed forces after successfully helping a significant number of ex-service personal transition into their new careers and with the company currently growing see this as an ideal opportunity to further help service leavers transition.
Don't take our word for it though, check out the video below where Protyre's Ex-Armed Forces personnel give their accounts of what it is working for Protyre and the Micheldever Group:
As well as signing the Armed forces covenant, Protyre will also be holding its first official insight day. The day will be used to give service leavers a glimpse of life working for Micheldever with the opportunity to show specific job roles and current opportunities.
Whilst holding the insight day in live working environments, the attending personal will have the opportunity to talk to current staff about working for Protyre, what they can expect and what the next steps in their careers could look like.
Want to see what vacancies we currently have available at Protyre?
Click the button below to view our vacancies:
In addition to providing fantastic job opportunities for Ex-Forces personnel, Protyre also run an outstanding Apprenticeship Scheme, giving young people the perfect platform to enter the automotive industry. Click the button below to find out more:
Protyre Apprenticeship Scheme
Protyre is the retail arm of Micheldever Group Ltd. Find out more about Micheldever Group Ltd here
Subscribe to our newsletter
Receive Protyre offers and our latest news